There is a lot of controversy among people that unmarried couples are allowed or not to book a hotel room and are they allowed to stay together if the couple is not married. Some dispute that unmarried people are not allowed while some claim that it is allowed but with some rules and regulations. So, let’s see what is the fact behind this discussion.
Various regions of our nation have an unconventional approach towards many concerns. One of them is staying together with unmarried couples. Some people accept it while some may not. They believe that it is against the law. Moreover, it does not defend the rights of the couples and it is illegal. So, it is necessary that we need to know about the law behind this issue.
Are Unmarried Couples Allowed to Book a Hotel Room?
And, there is no rule that says unmarried couples can not stay together in a single hotel room or they are not allowed to book a hotel room. However, police often seem to act on the basis of a non-existent law and penalize such couples. In fact, the law apparently says that anyone over the age of 18 can legally consent for any kind of physical relationship. So, I can say that now you are clear about this so-called issue about unmarried couples. And, Yes, Unmarried couples are allowed to book a hotel room.
Mostly, Hotels disclaim booking rooms because they are scared of the police. Refusing to let out a room to someone because of their marital status is actually a violation of fundamental rights. Added to that, the supreme court has repeatedly said that it is legal for unmarried couples to stay together in a single room in the hotel.
Apart from that, the hotel management should reserve the right to admission of unmarried couples. Many hotels might deny allocating room because of their policy. If the hotel has the policy of not allotting rooms to unmarried couples, then they will refuse. But, it is not illegal to stay together in hotels.
Apart from all these controversies, let me know that there are several hotels for unmarried couples in India that allow booking rooms without any kind of hesitation. Among all of this, the best and safe ways to book a room online through various websites. It is also suggested that you can pre-book a room on your name for two people when you are going to book a hotel room online. You can directly book from the hotel website or some common portal.
However, there are some rules and regulations that have to follow
1) The unmarried couple has to book a room in a hotel legally. Both of you must have your valid Government IDs which can be Aadhar Card, Passport or Voter ID. Keep in mind that driver’s licenses are not considered as ID proof of residence as per the latest information. So, don’t consider it.
2) Whenever, you book online then, first check the policy of that particular hotel in which you wish to book. If hotels are allowed to book unmarried couples, they have mentioned in their policy clearly. So, it will help you at the time of selection and you can opt for a good hotel without any risk and difficulty.
3) Be confident and don’t fear anything so that no one can threaten or blackmail you when you are booking a room. You should complete your booking activities legally, if you decline to do that then it creates difficulty for you and anyone can challenge you for your illegality.
4) Moreover, if you book a hotel room through online mode then remember to keep your valid government IDs at the time of check-in. At the time of check-in, the hotel authorities will scan your documents and keep the scanned copies with them for their records.
5) Before booking any hotel room, you have to keep in mind that there is no law that allowed to book a hotel room for any person below 18 years. So, you are not allowed to book a hotel room if you and your partner are under 18 years. And for that, you can not make any excuse for the hotel authorities regarding this.
There are several portals like OYO, MakeMyTrip, StayUncle which are working on the evaluation and requirements of the societies through some modern facilities in their policies. You can find various hotel options on these portals even if you are unmarried.
OYO portal has a good feature of OYO rooms relationship mode, where you can find out only those listed hotels who welcome to unmarried couples. This feature develops transparency and an easy process for a couple of guests to find out hotels that offer a hassle-free check-in with identity proof.
Moreover, from this OYO portal, you can find hotels within your budget also. So, it is flexible for all customers. Additionally, available facilities are the same for both married or unmarried couples.
Another important modification in hotel policy is that some hotel allows booking rooms on an hourly basis. So, some couples who want to stay for limited hours, this is the best option for you. As the hotel industry is working as per the requirement of their customers. Moreover, these hotels are a safe place and located in prime areas and offer all standard facilities. No matter you are staying for a few hours of days, a couple can relax and enjoy their quality time without being judged or getting disturbed.
These hotels have well-trained staff to ensure the safety and security of their customers. So, the rules are in favor, if you want to spend time with your loved ones, without any hesitation, you can book a room and stay in the room.
So, from all the above information, you can get your answer regarding the booking of the hotel for unmarried couples and book rooms but keep your eye on rules when checking out for the hotel.
Hope you will get a solution and enjoy your precious time with loved ones without any uncertainty and embarrassment!!!